What vitamins do our skin need?
The body needs vitamins for proper functioning. Deficiency of such substances may not be detected for a long time.
However, destructive processes are already running. Feeling a lack of vitamins, the body redistributes the remaining useful substances, trying to fully saturate the internal organs. At the same time, he mercilessly devastates skin resources. Well, why do you need delicate skin or beautiful hair if the heart or liver suffers?
It’s hard to argue with such an axiom. Yes and no need. It is enough to know what vitamins are necessary for the beauty of the skin, and timely fill the shortage.
A little about the benefits and scarcity
Vitamins are called organic substances that are necessary for the proper functioning of the human body. They do not have calories. Vitamins are responsible for the correct course of many processes in the body. Among them, metabolism, transmission of impulses along nerve fibers, synthesis of enzymes.
If there are enough vitamins in the body, then all processes proceed harmoniously. With a lack of nutrients, hypovitaminosis begins to develop. It is reflected in the appearance of a person.
To determine exactly what vitamins are missing for the body, it is necessary to take tests. Based on the results, it is much easier to choose the right diet and the necessary vitamin complexes.
Hypovitaminosis skin problems
You can suspect a deficiency of vitamins yourself, even without taking tests. You need to carefully look at your reflection in the mirror.
Before taking vitamins, you need to take tests
With hypovitaminosis, the following problems occur:
1. Dandruff. With excessive dryness of the head, peeling begins. Trichologists believe that the deficiency of B vitamins, including biotin (vitamin B7 or H), is to blame for this.
2. Peeling. First of all, the process affects the face. Dryness, peeling appear. On the elbows, knees the skin coarsens. Lack of vitamin A may be suspected (doctors call it retinol).
3. Disturbed pigmentation. A change in the color of the skin is observed with a deficiency in the body of ascorbic acid, a known vitamin C.
4. Goose paws. It calls the small wrinkles that appear in the corners of the eyes. Sometimes they can be found in the area of the lips. If these defects appear too early, then the culprit of the problem is riboflavin deficiency (the so-called vitamin B2).
With wrinkles around the eyes there is a deficiency of vitamin B2
5. Flabbiness. Premature aging indicates a deficiency of the main vitamin of youth. It’s about tocopherol. It is better known as vitamin E.
6. Overdry. If the skin looks too dry, and sometimes the skin even crackes, then nutritionists say that the body lacks vitamin B3 (or nicotinic acid).
7. Acne, acne. Sensitive skin, prone to irritation, acne, red spots, indicate a lack of vitamin F.
8. Dark circles under the eyes, rosacea. Similar problems appear in response to insufficient intake of vitamin C or K.
9. Cyanosis, acne. With such problems, the body needs a routine – vitamin R.
10. Decrease in elasticity, age spots. The appearance of unaesthetic spots on the background of sagging skin is a signal of a lack of nicotinic acid (or vitamin PP, or B3).
11. Jams, cracks. Their appearance is characteristic of a person whose body lacks biotin (vitamin H, B7).
When biotin is not enough cracks and jams appear
If the above symptoms are observed, this is a serious reason to visit a therapist. In order to finally choose rehabilitation treatment, it is necessary to undergo an examination and “weed out” some ailments that have similar symptoms.
The above list of problems can only suspect a deficiency of vitamins. In fact, the lack of nutrients triggers a number of unpleasant symptoms, the leading ones of which were given above. So, what vitamins are required for a person to improve skin condition?
Before considering useful substances, it is necessary to remember that an excess of vitamins is as dangerous to human health as a deficiency. Uncontrolled use of active organic components can cause malfunctions in the internal organs.
It provides the following effects:
accelerates collagen production;
normalizes the functioning of the sebaceous glands;
eliminates dryness, peeling;
prevents thinning of the skin;
discolours pigmented areas.